You might be knowing that yoga is beneficial for a lot of things, increasing concentration power is one of the benefit from yoga.
Yoga is little same as meditation. You sit in a calm and comfortable position folding your legs. The difference is in yoga you need to focus more on breathing. How you breath , sensing every breath , feeling the energy that comes within you when you breath etc..So in yoga you more focus on breathing which is very effective in improving and increasing your concentration.
These following yoga exercises can be the great way to increase the concentration.
- Assume the starting position, lying on your back, the neck and lower back as close as possible to the floor. Keep your head straight throughout all the steps. Regulate your breath.
- Starting with an inhalation, raise slowly your feet and legs. Beginners will need to move faster in order to succeed in coming up.
- Raise your hips and back and walk your hands down your back pushing your body up.
- Keep lifting your feet up as high as you can.
- In the ideal position, almost all the weight is resting on the shoulders, the hips are above the shoulders. Same for the feet. There should be no pressure on the neck. The arms are supporting some of the weight. The neck should be well stretched. Beginners should not go too high, adjusting the position of the feet so that the shoulders bear most of the body weight. Make sure your head is straight. Keep the elbows as close as possible and the hands as close as you can to the shoulders. Keep the legs together and try not to bend the knees. Keep your feet and calves relaxed.
- Hold the asana for a few seconds at first and up to 15 minutes.
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Vrikshasana (Tree Stand Pose)
1. First of all stand with both feet together and arms to the sides.
2. Now bend right leg at knee and try to raise right thigh as high as possible by placing the right sole in inner side of left thigh.
3. Then while balancing the body weight on left foot gradually raise both arms over the head such that palms facing to each other and avoid bending at knees.
4. Retain this posture up to ten complete breaths.
5. At last lower down the arms to get back to initial posture and repeat same process on other side.
1. Proceed to hold heels with hands and press the heels using your palms.
2. Continue to breathe in and out few times.
3. By breathing in, lift your posterior above the heels and get up on knees and toes.
4. Then, pull shoulders back and press your hips forward.
5. By breathing out, lift your chest and slightly bend the head and trunk backwards as far as you can, to curve your spine backwards.
6. While keeping your arms straight, turn your face towards the roof.
7. Now complete the exhalation procedure and take few profound breaths.
8. Turn your feet upside down and keep the toes and upper portion of your feet parallel on the floor.
9. Then hold both ankles with corresponding hands and proceed to bend your back further on arms while making a curvature of body.
10. Remain in this position breathing in rhythmically and deeply till you feel strained.
11. While breathing in, release your hands and get back to the kneeling posture.
12. Then resume the sitting pose between heels after which proceed with the original sitting pose.